Home to more city dwellers than any other continent, and the locus of many of the world’s most populous metropolitan areas, Asia is moving to center stage in popular and academic debates about global urban futures. This volume comprises essays examining the intersections of the urban and futurity. While attentive to emergent forms of urban Asia, contributors also examine futures past, the afterlives of historical projects and archaeologies of the future. Many essays provide ethnographic and field-based empirical insights into emerging urban cultures, while others explore the theoretical and political implications of the urban future in Asia. Essayists include Asher Ghertner (Rutgers University), Christina Schwenkel (University of California, Riverside) and Andre Sorensen (University of Toronto).
About the Author
Tim Bunnell is Associate Professor in the Department of Geography at the National University of Singapore. He is latest book is From World City to the World in One City: Liverpool through Malay Lives (Wiley-Blackwell, 2016). He is also the author of Malaysia, Modernity and the Multimedia Super Corridor: A Critical Geography of Intelligent Landscapes (Routledge, 2004) and co-editor of Cleavage, Conflict and Connect in Rural, Urban and Contemporary Asia (Springer, 2013). He is Principal Investigator of the Singapore Ministry of Education-funded project, Aspirations, Urban Governance and the Remaking of Asian Cities. Daniel P.S. Goh is Associate Professor of Sociology and Convener of the Cultural Studies Minor and Cultural Studies in Asia PhD Programme at the National University of Singapore. He co-editor of Race and Multiculturalism in Malaysia and Singapore (Routledge, 2009), and has co-edited special issues in Urban Studies, International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, and Ethnography. He is co-Principal Investigator of the Singapore Ministry of Education-funded project, Aspirations, Urban Governance and the Remaking of Asian Cities.
Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: JOVIS (March 27, 2018)
Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 1 x 9.5 inches
Shipping & Return
- Chop Suey Club provides FREE continental US shipping for purchases over $50, with the exception of oversized or bulk items.
- All orders will be processed within (2) business days upon payment approval, excluding holidays.
- All domestic orders are shipped via USPS Priority Mail, which normally takes 1 - 5 business days depending on your address.
- All international orders are shipped via DHL, which usually take about 2 - 5 days to Canada and Mexico, 3 - 7 days to the rest of the world.
- A tracking number will be emailed to you after your order has been prepared.
- We are not responsible for any lost or stolen merchandise during shipping.
- Orders will be shipped to customer’s shipping address at check out, so please make sure your shipping address is filled out correctly.
- Chop Suey Club accepts returns or exchanges on any undamaged, unused items within 14 days of delivery date, with the exception of lingerie and books. Lingerie and books are non-returnable and non-refundable. After 14 days all items can not be returned. Sale items are not returnable.
- Please send any return or exchange item to:
Chop Suey Club
81 Hester Street,
New York, NY 10002
- Returns or exchanges must include all original tags and accompanying packaging. Incomplete packaging will result in 5% - 10% fee.
- Cost of return shipping and any damage or loss incurred during the process are the responsibility of customers.
- Chop Suey Club will pay for any shipping charges if you are exchanging an item due to a faulty or incorrect order.
- No restocking fees will be charged.
- We will issue a full refund within 5 days upon receiving the product.
- Refunds will be processed in the form in which payment was received.
- We reserve the right to refuse any returned item that does not meet our return policies.
Yes, we regularly collaborate with stylists for shoots. Depending on the items, we demand 50% - 100% retail price as deposit.
For information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes. We are constantly on the look out for the newest badest design, if you’re a Chinese designer interested selling or exhibit at Chop Suey Club.
Email images and a brief description to email@example.com
No. Though our primary focus is to promote Chinese designers, we are interested in all designs associated with contemporary Chinese culture.
Yes. Our brick-and-mortar store is located in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, the address is 81 Hester St, New York, NY 10002.