Chop Suey Club is hosting the first ever Mahjong Night Tournament at Ace Hotel New York on October 12, 2023.
64 players will compete against each other to be the first Queen of Mahjong Night and win a One Night Free Stay at the Ace Hotel New York.
Do you have what it takes to win?! If so, register now for a seat at the table!
- The tournament commences with 64 contestants divided into Bracket A and Bracket B.
- In each bracket, 32 players are distributed across 8 tables.
- Round 1 is a sudden death round: the first player at each table to complete a winning hand advances to the next round.
- The 16 remaining contestants engage in the semifinals.
- Semifinals consist of 4 tables, each with 4 players.
- Players aim to secure two victories on their respective tables to advance, 4 winners.
- The 4 semifinalists enter the championship round, ready for the ultimate showdown.
- Similar to previous round, players strive to be the first to win two games to secure the title of Queen of Mahjong Night.
6:00PM - 7:00PM - PLAYER CHECK-IN
7:30PM - 8:00PM - ROUND 1 A - ELIMINATION BRACKET A
8:00PM - 8:30PM - BREAK TIME
8:30PM - 9:00PM - ROUND 1 B - ELIMINATION BRACKET B
9:00PM - 9:30PM - BREAK TIME
9:30PM - 10:30PM - ROUND 2 - QUARTERFINALS
10PM - 10:30PM - BREAK TIME
10:30PM - 11:30PM - ROUND 3 - FINAL ROUND
11:30PM - WINNER CROWNING
- The tournament will play classic Chinese mahjong style under Chop Suey Club’s rule - see CSC’s Quick Guide for Classic Chinese Mahjong. There will be no point counting, the first player to form a winning hand, either standard or special, will be the winner of that round.
- This tournament is consisted of 3 rounds, and utilizes a SUDDEN DEATH AND DOUBLE VICTORY structure. There will be a bracket showing the advancement of players.
- The top prize is one night free stay at the Ace Hotel New York ($300+) and glory! Someone from the hotel will communicate with you about prize redemption and room availability. The runner ups at the championship tables will receive our special CSC mahjong night packages ($150+).
- The registration fee is $25. Only 64 players can compete in this tournament. This $25 registration fee can also be used as store credits towards merch purchase at our event.
- There are two ways to sign up:
** Registered players MUST CHECK-IN BEFORE 7PM to be assigned seating, otherwise your registration will be nullified and your seat will be given to other players.
** Registration is not refundable but it is self-transferable.
- Registration is first come first serve base. If registration is all sold out online, you can still come to the event and register as a stand-by, when there’s a no-show among the pre-registered players, we will start assigning slots to stand-bys.
- I'm not competing, can I still come watch?
- Yes absolutely, you are more than welcome to come watch the game. Bring friends and cheer on our contestants.